Bill Bryner practices in the area of trademark, unfair competition, advertising, and copyright law, with an emphasis on litigating disputes in those fields. He has extensive experience litigating matters of this type in federal courts around the country, as well as before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and in counseling clients regarding trademark and copyright protection and enforcement.
Mr. Bryner was named to Business North Carolina's 2009 and 2012 "Legal Elite" list for Intellectual Property/Trademarks Law and was listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in 2013 and the two years immediately preceding in the area of Intellectual Property Law. He was named a 2012 and 2013 North Carolina "Super Lawyer" in the area of Intellectual Property by North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine. He is listed in the 2012 and 2013 editions of World Trademark Review 1000 – The World's Leading Trademark Professionals. Mr. Bryner received Lexology’s Client Choice Guide - International 2013 Award in the Intellectual Property: Trademarks category for North Carolina. He speaks proficient Spanish.
Professional & Community Activities
NC LEAP Steering Committee, Member
- Duke University, J.D. (1996)
- Brigham Young University, B.A., Political Science (1993)
summa cum laude
- College of Eastern Utah, A.S. (1991)
with high honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin